News of the Killing of Arshad Shariff in Kenya have shook the whole world and indeed the global journalism community.
The Kenyan Police have admitted that it was one of their own who shot dead Arshad Sharif, the Pakistani Journalist known for his fearless critic of his home country’s regime. This heinous incident leaves us with endless questions.
Our questions on Arshad Sharif’s shooting
- Was it a case of mistaken identity or was it an assassination?
- Did the police attempt to stop the vehicle, and did the occupants defy?
- Why did the police open fire yet the occupants were not shooting at them?
- Why did the police not immobilize the vehicle by shooting its tires?
- Why did the police aim at the passenger and not the driver?
- Why did the police shoot the allegedly hijacked vehicle yet a child was one of the occupants?
Until these and thousands of other questions are answered, it can never be business as usual!